1. Statistically speaking, social media has proven to be a powerful tool for landing new clients and servicing existing ones.
2. Whether its getting the attention of a reporter who then does a feature on a client through a FB post or getting a friend request from a stranger claiming he wants 2 hire U,or just trolling through ur Linkedin page & profile views & following up w/ an intro email,using social media accounts 2 land new clients & service existing ones cn B profitable.
3. Always present your self professionally, even in your personal social media accounts- u NEVER know who will view ur profile.
4. Monitor to see who is checking your profile-check their legitimacy, then send an intro email.
5. Update and maintain your accounts and sites frequently.
6. Increase visitors & contacts by including yr social media sites in yr email signature,websites, advertisements & on business cards.
7. Linkedin is proven 2 B a top producer of new client introductions,give those viewing ur profile a clear idea of yr specializations. Ask for recommendations from past and current clients.
8. Cross-connect yr blogs, twttr & Facebook accounts & have successes & updates & posts appear simultaneously when possible to reach maximum contacts and followers.
9. Create a buzz of curiosity by viewing Linkedin profiles of clients that u would like to work for they will see that u have viewed their profiles and perhaps view yours,finding that u r just who they r looking 4.
10. Get freelance work by sending intro messages to those in similar professions and industries.
11. Post on-going client successes to show u are capable of producing results.
12. Follow and friend your media and PR contacts and keep them informed of client story, photo and PR opportunities.
13. Offer social-media directed incentives to lure new clients.
14. Offer rewards/services to existing clients and social media contacts for referrals who become new clients; however, u need to be careful and use common sense when doing this.
15. In meeting anyone u don't know, where there's an opportunity to gain a new client, there is also the chance of with someone u would rather not know!Women in PR is a great way to connect with others in the industry. Make sure you guys check out their website and follow them in Twitter. Women in PR also has an awesome summit every year, and I will definitely be in attendance to the one next year. I hope these tips help you guys as much as they helped me. Happy Pitching!