Tuesday, October 2, 2012

PR Research & Strategies

...was the class I resented the most while in college. Not only does it require an extensive amount of time, it requires clear and concise ideas. As I stated yesterday, I'm in the process of launching my own PR firm. Research, as well as having a strategic plan, is the only way I will be able to have a successful launch.

Below are a few tips I've learned during my research of launching a small business:

1. Know the market and learn the competition.
2. Identify your target audience's specific needs and wants.
3. Social media can be a very effective platform to carry out your message, but may also hurt a brand if used inappropriately.
4. Networking can indeed determine one's success.
5. The Internet is your best friend, not your worst enemy.

Of course, there are a lot more, but these stuck out to me the most.

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment