Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Who Am I?

I just realized that I never formally introduced myself to you guys. Below is a brief biography of myself including my experience. More information can also be found on www.KaylaOsborne.com, my online portfolio.
I am Kayla Osborne, a public relations graduate of Florida A&M University. During my reign at FAMU, I had the opportunity to obtain a total of three internships. My first internship was at The Tallahassee Democrat where I worked under the supervision of the Community Relations Department. With the help of other interns, I successfully planned four community events. I also worked at a local public relations agency called The Zimmerman Agency. As a public relations intern, my main task consisted of researching ways to help build the brands that The Zimmerman Agency represented.
During the summer of 2010, I met LaTonya Story, a sports publicist, through an alumna of Florida A&M University. Throughout my internship experience at LPS Consulting PR, I helped with the planning and promotions of charity events for Story’s NFL clients. I also was able to work alongside Story at the events, which gave me an opportunity to see exactly how public relations works outside of a corporate setting.
For two and a half years, I served as an associate of PRodigy Public Relations firm, which is a student-run public relations firm on the campus of FAMU. Under the supervision of our advisor, the associates and I have successfully promoted events, re-branded companies and served as hosts for National Public Radio 411 teen.
Feel free to browse my website!

No comments:

Post a Comment